Friday, July 3, 2015

Crystal Safely in Africa

So early Wednesday morning we were rushing around to get Crystal off to the airport.
I was supposed to have taken her, but after only two hours of sleep the night before
and two or three of the youngest children waking up with some of the most horrible croupy sounding coughs you ever heard, 
I decided that Jonathan would have to take her.
That was one morning when we needed to keep our shield of "faith" in front of us.
I wanted to get a quick picture of her and me, although what I had really wanted was a last-minute family snap which just didn't happen!("Didn't we already get a family photo at Christmas??")
So there she is fixing her bag, and somebody had taken a picture of this beautiful sunset apparently the night before.
And the sunrise that morning.
And Crystal got her snacks and water bottle together and shared hugs and kisses with everybody except ones who preferred to fold their arms in front of them (we won't say any names or anything).
And after going first to town to drop materials for his work guys, Jonathan took Crystal on to the airport, and I just got an email from her saying they had arrived safely in Africa and were resting comfortably at a guest house of a business man in Africa whom the Maraises know. 
The photo Ezra sent showed the guest house as a lovely place.
And so before I close this post, I wanted to include a few photos of the hailstorm that came through a few days ago and copy a poem I wrote a few years ago and found in my stash lately. 
"Rainbow in the Dark, Dark Sky"
Rainbow in the dark, dark sky,
What kind of message do you cry?
Message midst the work and stress,
Message for my weariness,
What is the message that you cry?
Weary one, this is from me,
To comfort your adversity.
My message: "When you're through the test,
The Lord has promised perfect rest,
And that eternally.
Rainbow after summer rain
Hope for life can you explain?
Why is there so much tragedy?
Why must we suffer misery?
What reason that there's so much pain?
"I the rainbow can't begin
To change the life that you are in.
But God's promises are sure.
He knows those whose hearts are pure.
A crown of life they'll win.
A crown of life they'll win.
 Rainbow o'er the road ahead,
Before my earthly hopes are dead,
Have you a message I might heed
To steady me in time of need,
That I be strong instead?
 This is the message for your cheer,
Before my colors disappear.
Never despair; work, pray and trust.
The Lord transforms the ash and dust
That fills each fleeting year.
 Storms are his footprints; tears His jewels;
Suffering--lessons in His schools.
Have faith in God. When past earth's strife
His promise is eternal life
Where love and joy shall rule.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

God Keeps Making Our Fawn a Blessing

A day or two ago, I got a call from our pastor's wife who thought I'd like to know that our fawn is bringing joy not just to us and ...