It's been a few days since I could write on my blog, between school, butchering a steer, painting, helping get the family ready to go hunting, and so on.
But I wanted to share more pictures of that most interesting country wedding we attended last week.
And what a crowd! Jonathan estimated around 300 people.
The bride and her parents are very loving and much loved people!
The seats were hay bales with long planks laid across them, and there were just simple jars or buckets with flowers in them.
The entrance to the gathering!
The bride, groom, wedding party, ushers, and even the bride's father were all barefoot!
Loved it!
The groom bringing both mothers down the "aisle."
Before giving the bride away, the bride's father shared that when Katrina was young,
she had told them that she wanted to walk down the yard and be married right down at the bottom of the little hill that was their front yard.
And that is precisely what happened!
Talk about a dream come true!
You can click on this picture below to read the informal and fun order of service!
The father of the bride, before giving her away, shared how Nick had asked to date her,
and how he, the dad, had let Nick know the things that were most important to him about whichever young man was to date her.
Then, the dad said, "when I got done letting Nick know all that, I realized that he [Nick] was already doing it!"
Nick was already treating his daughter with respect, serving God first of all, and having a servant heart.
So the dad gave Nick permission to date his daughter, and went home to tell his wife,
"I believe I just talked with our future son-in-law!"
While the wedding party was getting pictures,
(including a few funny ones!)
the crowd stood in line for a light lunch served from long tables at the side of the house.
Tables had been brought in a trailer to be set between the hay bales and planks, and other round tables were set up with folding chairs. People were free to come and go as they chose. It was a very laid back atmosphere.
Instead of wedding cake, there were cookies to choose from!
The drink table.
Bachelor days are over, Nick!
The bride's family
The groom's family
The sweet, beautiful bride and her groom.
I loved the simplicity of her dress and just flowers twined around her head.
Meanwhile, in the back yard of the big old farmhouse, youngsters (and youth) were playing games, swinging, and jumping rope.
That's what's so neat about getting married on your own farm--
everybody can feel so at home and enjoy themselves!
After the pictures and meal, everyone who was still around attended a time of praise and prayer before the bride and groom departed.
This brother and two sisters led in singing several hymns and songs, accompanied by guitar and keyboard played very worshipfully. We really appreciated the spirit of these young people.
Jonathan sat on the planks on hay bales, but I could not manage in the heat and brightness, so I got a chair and slipped over into the shade.
The bride's mother (who had already made us feel like a million for coming to the wedding)
was coming up the hay bale aisle to find a place to sit.
She saw me over in the shade and came over and sat down right beside me!
She sat by me the whole devotions time, sharing her hymn paper with me, and two other ladies slipped over into the shade with us, too.
The way the bride's mother made sure that this other little mother didn't have to sit alone, and just sat beside me even though I was different than everyone else,
made me think of Jesus.
This couple is known for being very down to earth and being approachable and Christlike, as evidenced by all the people who end up coming to them for guidance and counsel, which is why they were attending Caring for the Heart Ministries seminar a few months ago where we met them and their daughter and son-in-law-to-be.
Above is the final kiss before the bride and groom take their leave of everyone.
And below is the final prayer--and I took a quick photo before closing my own eyes,
because I thought this was so sweet.
It was obvious that God was number one in this couple's life, in the way that they chose to end the festivities with praise and prayer.
Jonathan and I helped the many others who all helped quickly gather and stack chairs, tables and planks before a possible storm that was brewing nearby.
It had poured down rain shortly before the wedding, but dried out quickly just in time!
What a lovely time we had!
We so appreciated the spirit and character of this bride and groom.
No comments:
Post a Comment