I didn't know about the mass shooting last night in Las Vegas until Carrie saw about it on Facebook.
Little did we know that while we were enjoying a peaceful Sunday walk out on the prairie at the Paint Mines near these wind turbines,
and the family was listening to Mom read the story about Unshackled's Eugenia Price,
that this terrible tragedy was about to happen in Las Vegas.
Unique stories emerge.
One young man went to Las Vegas an agnostic; after narrowly escaping the carnage, he readily admits that he believes in God Who helped him get out of there alive.
Others were not so fortunate.
It is difficult to go to sleep tonight after reading about it--and I'm up about midnight to eat a bit of cereal and blog my heart out.
I wish I could do something.
I can only pray to the God Who can.
I'm so thankful for a president who is not ashamed to call the nation to prayer in times of hurricanes and tragedies, who orders flags at half staff, who acknowledges God. It's such a welcome relief from the godless government we've had.
And then there were the stories of lives laid down for others--
a husband grabbing his wife and shielding her.
He was young and she was beautiful--I saw their picture.
And she felt when the bullet hit him in the back--and she lost her husband.
His arms around her--he died.
Like our Savior Who laid down his life on the cross so that we could be saved.
He shielded us from God's wrath by becoming sin for us.
He took the nails--the bullets--the judgment--the wrath--
so that we could be saved.
Greater love has no man than this--to lay down his life for his friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment