There aren't very many totally typical, normal days around here, but today was one, complete with simple joys, including this photo my sister Dorcas sent of an apple blossom.
And I couldn't help appreciating other simple joys that made me glad, especially the moments of folding the warm laundry straight out of the dryer.
I don't know why it made me so happy, except that the living room where I was sorting and folding was quiet since all the children were out of doors for school break or elsewhere, and I hadn't realized my hands were a bit cold.
So the warmth of the fresh, clean laundry and the fragrance from the fabric softener just gave me a special thrill and sweetened my day in a rare way.
We have extra laundry now with restaurant uniforms and fireman's uniforms to wash!
In the last couple days, we've had one small disaster after another, but today the loads lightened, and there was something comforting about the stacks of clean clothes, this stack of what we call "goat rags," for washing the goat's teats before milking (requiring two rags per milking, or 28 rags a week)
and fresh, warm, clean wash cloths.
We're in the middle of a bit of spring cleaning, with these lamp globes freshly washed and ready to put back up.
And with my nephew Samuel here, my girls and I are keeping more food around handy!
Rose makes both boys' lunches in the morning, along with her dad's.
Today I made borsch, our favorite stew, with organic beets Jonathan bought yesterday, and tonight it was sooo hot and savory with thyme and rosemary sprinkled in and dollops of sour cream on top.
We also had the second apple pie that the girls made from our homemade canned apple pie filling.
"Rejoice in the Lord always," says the Good Book, "and again I say, rejoice.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:4-7

No comments:
Post a Comment