Monday, June 4, 2018

Baby Shower--Baby Buggy Theme

A few weeks ago two days before leaving for PA, we hosted a baby shower for Crystal's and Carrie's employer.
Crystal had to work and pack for her trip, and Carrie had to work, too, so the younger children helped me a lot. A few decorations from Dollar Tree gave us our baby buggy theme.
Loved these cupcake toppers. (At least that is what they turned into!)
Jonathan's mom brought a jar of lilacs and snowball blooms to add to the occasion. A couple other friends had contributed to help with the shower, too.
I made a twist on deviled eggs to turn them into baby buggies. I wish I had had more time to add little carrot circle wheels and a baby head in the center somehow.
Our dear friend Gaya with the baby shower gifts and cards.

She got some cute gifts like this package of belly stickers, which you put on the baby's belly to remind you in photos of how old she is.
Opening gifts.
Another mother friend shared a gift of essential oils.
There were a number of gifts for little Daksha, the big sister. 
I remember how delighted my children and I were one time when there was a shower for me and someone thought to bring gifts for the rest of the kids. So several of us did this for Daksha, and she was so happy for everything from coloring books to bananas!
Daksha spent most of her time outside with Hannah playing with the baby animals, the chicks, the bunnies, the calves and whatever else!
Instead of the typical baby shower games, we gave a chance for anyone who wanted to help with bottlefeeding our two calves.
Daksha LOVED it!
Rose had a hard time keeping the second calf away while feeding the first one!
I wish I could have gotten a picture of all the young mothers and older women alike clustered around the window and sliding door, watching these scenes!
It was sure a fun evening!
Gaya and our girls who work for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...