Jonathan thought I should title my next blog post, "Pie in His Face."
The devil takes away a big hunk of money that is owed to Jonathan--
and one week afterward, Jonathan said he is signing the biggest contract he has ever signed in his life! That happened yesterday.
And Jonathan's wife and family are taking the free apples God provided and making pies to give away.
One went to a friend who lost his wife several weeks ago. At the funeral, we promised to bring a meal sometime, but I haven't been able to make it happen since he lives on the other side of town.
But then yesterday I found out that he actually works in Falcon not far from us.
So I made supper fixings early, and went 15 minutes away, looking for the auto body shop where he works. After stopping at three different auto shops in the same culdesac, I found the right one! It had changed names recently which is why I couldn't find the right one to start with.
When he came in from the garage after being called by someone who seemed only too happy to hear that someone had brought supper in, he looked so thin! The secretary had shared with me that she was worried about him because he was losing weight.
I told him I had brought supper for him, and we went out to put the apple pie, zucchini muffins, coleslaw and meatballs in his car.
We stood there under the hot sun and he shared a little about how things were going (or not going) in his life, and I extended an invitation from Jonathan and me to come out to supper sometime.We have only a humble abode, and the back yard needs mowed and we never do seem to have everything under control here, but people like him are welcome here.
People with losses and griefs and heartache.
People who need country and horse rides and smiles and a good meal
and to be around others who care--even if we are a bit of a mess.
I came back home from delivering that supper, and I was halfway to heaven.
I get my greatest joy in life not from selfish things but from sharing, and watching people open their hearts and tears come into their eyes and them feeling cared about--
us, imperfect though we are, just trying to be the hands of Jesus reaching out to someone who can't find a reason to go on.
When I got back home, someone else was here for supper, someone who couldn't seem to want to leave. A pie went home with that person, too.
Pies in the devil's face!
Pies from Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment