Friday, August 17, 2018

When God Gives You Sunflowers Instead of Roses

When God gives you sunflowers instead of roses...

,,,enjoy them!

When my three rose bushes that Jonathan bought me earlier this year won't produce more than one rose, I let the back yard run wild with sunflowers.
Can you find the little yellow-breasted birdie that came to visit our back yard sunflower garden this morning?
He was filling his little tummy with sunflower seeds!
Only a few feet away, Timmy and brother and sister were painting bee supers, and the bird didn't seem to care. He was having too much of a feast on sunflower seeds!
My back yard is so cheery, with sunflowers all over the place, 
even in the raised beds full of beets and onions.
Cosmos is blooming in this corner, a flower we didn't plant.
Aren't you glad sometimes the Lord lets flowers bloom in our lives that we didn't plant--
undeserved mercies, random kindnesses--like the large print NKJV Bibles I was given free at a yard sale yesterday. I assured the folk that the Bibles would be well used in family worship!
Our back yard is just one beautiful garden of sunshiny faces of blooming sunflowers!
I love roses.
But when God gives me sunflowers instead, I'm content.
And when You, Lord, give me something other than what I want in other ways, too,
Lord, give me a heart of contentment and joy in what You choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God Keeps Making Our Fawn a Blessing

A day or two ago, I got a call from our pastor's wife who thought I'd like to know that our fawn is bringing joy not just to us and ...