A few weeks ago at Elephant Rocks in Missouri, a plaque asked us to guess the weight of this rock.
I might have guessed 1000 pounds.
In fact, it weighed over 8,000 pounds--over 4 tons!
We might never guess the weight of the rocks around us, and the weight of the loads those around us are carrying.
We may only see one load they are carrying, and in fact, there are seven other equally heavy burdens they bear.
Who are we to think we know the measure of another's burden?
Jesus fell beneath the weight of His cross.
Must we scorn the ones, less perfect than He, who fall beneath their loads?
Ought we not to seek some way to help lift their load?
How quickly and joyously a man or woman, boy or girl, may go on their way with a little help from someone who simply cared to give a helping hand!
Jesus said, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
We can bring our 8,000-pound burden to the Lord, and He will carry it for us!
It is light to His strong arms.
We may only see one load they are carrying, and in fact, there are seven other equally heavy burdens they bear.
Who are we to think we know the measure of another's burden?
Jesus fell beneath the weight of His cross.
Must we scorn the ones, less perfect than He, who fall beneath their loads?
Ought we not to seek some way to help lift their load?
How quickly and joyously a man or woman, boy or girl, may go on their way with a little help from someone who simply cared to give a helping hand!
Jesus said, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
We can bring our 8,000-pound burden to the Lord, and He will carry it for us!
It is light to His strong arms.
Anna, thanks for the reminder for the 8,000 lb. burden we are carrying! I needed that! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteLove, Sharon
I'm glad if what I write is a blessing to someone. My blog is being spammed and I'm having to deal with that.Sorry!
Delete