Sunday, March 22, 2020

Boys' Bible Study and Day of Prayer

A week and a half ago, this was a precious sight to me--
nine boys and young men (my two youngest boys included) praying after having Bible study together at a friend's house.
I had gone that day to spend some time with the mom, sensing in my heart that it might be a while before I could go again, with news of the corona virus causing restrictions. And so we ladies and girls visited while the boys had their study and prayer time. The boys didn't just have a prayer. They prayed, and prayed, and prayed.
It was so good for my boys to be there. I am so thankful for this good influence, that piety and love for God's Word and prayer does not have to be relegated to old people and women!
The last service we attended in Denver, the Walker's little girls sang a little special.
It was precious!
Since President Trump had called for a day of prayer that Sunday, our family gathered that evening to sing a couple prayer hymns and pray together. 
Did you know that our national anthem, "God of Our Fathers" is actually a prayer?
From the third verse:
"From war's alarms, from deadly pestilence,
Be Thy strong arm our ever sure defence.
Thy true religion in our hearts increase,
Thy bounteous goodness nourish us in peace."
Then the children gathered at the table to play a quick game before heading to bed.
How I love my children!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...