Wednesday, March 4, 2020

When Some of Us Were Sick

I don't know how it happened, but four of our family got sick,
and the other four stayed well!
It was a nasty bug, and some of the children were quite ill for a week. 
I read aloud a few chapters from this fascinating book as the children recovered.
It's about an English veterinarian who discovered that people often told him about their own problems when he was there to help their animals.
He found that what people needed more than anything else was faith.
He saw how faith made a difference in the lives of some of his country clients, no matter how poor or unkempt some of them were. And those observations made him change his goals in life, give up his well-paid veterinary practice and go to Divinity School for three years in order to become a minister. 
Such an interesting story!
Here is chicken soup I made for the sick.
I pulled out another new book I recently ordered to read to Hannah.
It was called Blue Hen and Her Babies,
the story of a mother Bantam who loved babies. She raised ducklings, guineas, and finally 40 chicks!
It compared this mother hen loving all her babies the same
to how God loves us all the same.
Thursday evening of that week, Sam was able to be at the Trump rally at the World Arena in town.
He had to arrive several hours early, and if a buddy of a friend hadn't held a place for him in line,
he probably would not have gotten in. 
He thinks there were about 9 or 10 thousand people inside the arena, and about as many outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...