Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Fire and Snow

If you are wondering if I took this winter picture back last winter, you are mistaken. I took it just a week and a half or so ago! And yes, that is a sparrow huddling in the snowy branches outside our window.

We were having a hard time facing an early winter storm in the beginning of September until we thought about the many forest fires out west here, including right here in Colorado. Smoke was creating a terrible haze the day before the storm came, and then all the snow cleared out the smoke! We really had a lot to be thankful for, even if we did have to harvest most of our gardens early.

We brought in the jalapeno plants and placed them on top of the refrigerator! Jonathan liked that a lot!

He can just pick a jalapeno fresh off the plant whenever he wants!
Hannah picked some of our last flowers that were blooming
before the freeze.
Another photo of our snow.

I helped Hannah fix her coat whose zipper would constantly get stuck. We turned the inner fabric seam under a bit and basted it down the whole way. Now it won't always be getting caught in the zipper! I did one side and had Hannah do the other. I want her to learn how to do such things.
The pretty patch that used to be blooming cosmos.
The fir tree covered with snow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...