Friday, September 17, 2021

Black Bear Diner--and Black Bear for Dinner!

With four of our children gone bear hunting in western Colorado (and so far not being successful as of Thursday evening), Jonathan and I decided to give up on them and instead go to Black Bear Diner in town for a date! :)  :)
 
Timmy had given us a gift card which we decided to use since we were both in town. I had to come in to pick up Jonathan from dropping his truck at the mechanic, and we also were busy dealing with getting a higher resolution video of the thieves and their vehicle who stole Jonathan's dump trailer. Having to be our own detectives due to police being too busy is taking a lot of time.
We had never been to this diner before, but we found it a very homey, cheerful restaurant, full of bear-themed decor!
Upon arriving, we were handed "The Black Bear Gazette," which contained not only menus but the story of how two unlikely entrepreneurs in California started the first Black Bear Diner restaurant--and now there are about 140 all over the States.
I wasn't really hungry, and when we decided to order a meal to share plus a blackberry cobbler for me, the waiter had to say that they had been out of anything blackberry for weeks. So he graciously brought us an extra bowl of turkey rice soup! I ended up being hungrier than I thought, and Jonathan let me eat his bowl of soup, too, while he ate the brisket! I really loved that thick, wonderful soup!

There were bottles of chipotle sauce in styles of Papa Burn, Mama Burn, and Baby Burn!

Everything was bear!

The best part of the meal for me was the huckleberry shake with cream on top! And lots extra in the tin cup! It was a wonderful taste, and real huckleberries left in the bottom!
Wow! I recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a bear-related experience with very good food at comparable prices elsewhere. You can see that we ate every stitch off this bear paw plate!
I kept sending pictures of our Black Bear Diner experience to my bear hunting children in texts until finally Carrie couldn't stand it any longer! She sent me this picture! Behold, Carrie had gotten a bear! Her first big game ever! We plan to have bear for dinner Sunday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...