Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Live Edge Shelves--and the Flow of Life

 Live edge shelves have a naturally flowing edge--not an edge that has been sawed to be straight and perfect.
Here's a live edge book shelf that Timmy made for Crystal from beetle-ridden gray pine.
There's something incredibly beautiful about live edge boards and shelving.
 Each board is one-of-a-kind.
No straight edges, no cookie cutter cuts rammed through the table saw.

Here's one of the two live edge kitchen benches Jonathan and Timmy made, which we've been enjoying.
Life, I think, is also more beautiful when we allow some fluidity, 
when we learn to be flexible.

And when we learn to let some things lie in God's mystery bag. 

My mother often mentions about having to put some things into God's "mystery bag," as she calls it. She is someone who has learned the art of putting things she does not understand into God's mystery bag.


I was thinking about that once again tonight when I could not sleep. Things I do not understand. Things about the flow of life--how things happen one way, then another, and how little control we have over many things.

Things I thought were a certain way--until they all fell apart. And I did not know what to do with all the pieces. 

The best place to put those pieces is into God's great mystery bag--and leave them with Him. 


When my plans and expectations have gone to pieces, when things around us seem to be hopeless and completely out of control, He can custom make the most beautiful Live Edge framework out of whatever I give to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...