Despite the frost we had here two nights ago, I am surprised to find our flowers still blooming! A couple weeks ago, I went out to the garden on a sunny morning and just watched the dozens of butterflies fluttering about the flowers. It brought my heart a measure of peace.
And while the world slings mud, I give flowers.
While Democrat Congressmen continue to sling worse and worse mud at the Republicans for refusing to buckle to their hypocritical demands that are going to put our nation into even more heinous debt trying to fund healthcare for illegal aliens and abortion while ignoring the needs of unpaid military servicemen and other essential government workers, an ordinary non-government person like me finds comfort in going outside to our garden and gathering flowers to give.
It doesn't help to read today that Chuck Schumer is calling for Americans to "forcefully rise up" against Trump's administration, and I wonder why is Mr. Schumer not promptly arrested? And my mom writes that a "No Kin gs" rally is happening right in their neck of the woods in Missouri this weekend. But instead of bellyaching all day, I gather flowers into a carton and make my way up the dirt streets of White River to the Care Center.
When I signed my name at the visitor register book, a new nurse asked me whom I was visiting. As I explained that I visit any of the ladies, especially Stella, another nurse who has been there a while added, "She brings flowers!"
I loved that.
"She brings flowers."
I never got to do such a thing before in my life, but thanks to Hannah's loving work and careful research about flowers, I am still picking flowers in the middle of October and handing them out at the Care Center.
That's where today after I let Stella choose which flowers she wants from my carton to replenish her vase, Stella asked me to pray for the five people who perished in the terrible car wreck that burst into flames a week or so ago on our own Rt. 44 that leads out of White River to Rapid City. At least one or two children were involved in that wreck, and Stella is related to at least one of the victims. The tragedy has been much talked about in our area.
So I prayed for the families of the deceased, and I prayed for Stella. I also prayed with Bonnie.
Another lady to whom I gave a flower and asked if she'd like me to pray with her told me, "No, I don't have time. Maybe tomorrow."
I wasn't sure she knew what she was saying, but I respected her wishes. I did not pray with her, but later I pray for her. She wanted a flower, and asked me to put it in her room. So I did. Maybe the flower will open the door to prayer.
No comments:
Post a Comment