Tuesday, April 29, 2014

At the Creation Museum

Our family was blessed to visit the Creation Museum enroute to the Inter-Church Convention in Dayton, OH, in late April. We met our friends the Delbridges there and spent the day with them. She took family pictures of us on a bridge there, and I hope to put a similar one on the top of the blog if I can figure out how to do it!

Walking across the floating bridge...

 Entering the main indoor part of the museum. It is true that you could spend two whole days there and enjoy every bit. We didn't even take in the planetarium show, as it was expensive for a whole family. Though if we had known about the family membership for a year, we might have purchased that, because it includes unlimited planetarium shows and much more.
 Enjoying the information about the truths of God's Word and the wonders of creation.
 Well, I just got interrupted by a friend from church calling to wish me a happy birthday! That is the fourth call today from friends and family! God bless them everyone! I feel very loved!
Below is Hannah dancing about on the swinging bridge. 
You are not supposed to run or jump, so she danced!
 I was so thankful to see these beautiful daffodils--and an eastern springtime in general! I wanted a picture of Jonathan and me there for our birthday picture!
 More daffy-down-dillies! I just drink in the beauty for all the days at home where there aren't many flowers...
 If it had been the weekend, the children could have enjoyed camel rides which are only given on Fridays and Saturdays.

 While the children were all at the petting zoo, I slipped away back to the picnic pavillion where I could sit and watch the cardinals, robins, butterflies, and beautiful flowers. It was hard to tell how I felt--kind of like crying as I miss the eastern birds and flowers and beauty so much. Later, I sent the children all back running back this path on a treasure hunt to find what I had discovered...
 At the corner of the pavilion a robin flew out of a thorny bush, and I saw a nest. I could barely see one blue egg, but when I set my camera up and took a picture, this is what the camera saw!
 Inside, we enjoyed two or three talks or shows about creation and what we can teach our children and how we can answer people who do not believe in a 6-day creation. Below, we watched a show about where and when dinosaurs disappeared, as it is obvious from fossils that such creatures did exist. Job talks about such a creature. It was most interesting. It is thought that dinosaurs lived best on certain kinds of plants that thrived before the flood, but after the flood, climate changed and plant life changed, limiting how the dinosaurs were able to survive or multiply. 
I never cared for dinosaurs, thinking they were used so much as part of the evolution theories, but learning the truth about them really made me appreciate these amazing creatures more.
 We were amazed at the many collections of beautiful insects--all made by God!
 Everything He makes is good!
 Ours and Delbridge children before they all took off to spend three days with the Delbridges while Crystal, Hannah, Jonathan and I went on to Dayton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Morning--I Will Look Up! and Mike's Testimony

 I can't stop being grateful for these warm, sunny South Dakota mornings.  A couple mornings ago, I woke with the verse of a Psalm (KJV)...