I just posted photos a while ago of our time in the Creation museum in Kentucky. I saved these special ones for a separate post--a birthday thought post.
A picture is worth a thousand words, they say. So without too many words, you can see what meant so much to me outdoors at the Creation Museum.
While the others were at the petting zoo, I slipped away to enjoy a few solitary and quiet moments--just the Lord and me--and this cardinal....
and flowers all around. My heart tried not to hurt--or did I just let it hurt? I am just an eastern transplant that can't help how much I miss the woods and the violets and daffodils of springtime.
But God has given me other beautiful flowers to brighten my life!
And different kinds of sunshine, like little boys following along behind their daddy...
the one who is the sunshine in my life, the one I look forward to his coming home each day.
I want to share a couple sweet things the Lord did for us and me on the
trip. Right before we got to the Creation Museum, I was raving about the
beautiful budding trees, and Jonathan remembered that he needed
Claritin for his allergies. I felt like I can never enjoy spring anymore
since Jonathan gets so miserable with his allergies, and I hurt for him
and choose not to go for walks together where there are blossoms or
flowers or lilacs or anything with pollen that will just get his
allergies stirred up. And I miss those things so much. I went to look
through the motorhome for where in the world did I put his Claritin, and
later, after we had spent all day at the museum, walking all over the
place with all those flowers, we realized that he had done okay and not
been miserable! He had an allergy treatment in town a week or two
earlier, and taken that Claritin, and perhaps those helped, but it also
seemed that the Lord was just good to us!
Another blessing that happened was on the trip home from Ohio and Indiana, I offered to drive a while for Jonathan as he had been driving for hours, bucking fierce wind across Missouri and Kansas. Once the wind suddenly blew our motor home halfway over onto the shoulder! I thought we were going to blow over, and shrieked! But we didn't. Jonathan was getting so tired, so we stopped and I took over. For just a few minutes, the wind continued to blow, but all of a sudden, I noticed that it had really calmed, and the motor home wasn't swaying so badly. For that first while, I had to clutch the steering wheel for dear life and on perfectly straight roads, I was having to keep turning it perhaps an eighth to a fifth of a turn just to keep the motor home on the road. But it was like the Lord knew how tired Jonathan was, and how much his wife wanted to help, and just said, "Peace be still!" I pulled over at a McDonalds later, and when we got out, the wind was rough. I could not imagine how I had driven easily in that wind! Perhaps the Lord had sent an angel to part the wind for us to go through! When Jonathan started driving again, the wind was bad again. Then it let up again--and we praised the Lord!
Most of the trip on the way to Illinois the first day of our trip, we had fought wind, too. In fact, I was very sick in the morning from all the swaying of the motor home. I had never had carsickness before, but several of us felt sick. Rose threw up! It was hard to want to eat all day. Lots of things to overcome! But God gives grace!
Another thing I had to overcome was when my shoulder blade/neck almost went out the first morning of IHC, and I felt a little panicky that I was going to spend IHC in pain. But I remembered how to prop myself in bed just so for a while to get my bones back in place, and thank the Lord! The pain eased a lot and was almost gone by evening. God is so good to help us!
No comments:
Post a Comment