Friday, June 3, 2016

"Don't Wait for Perfection!"

"The quickest way for a mother to get her children's attention is to sit down and look comfortable" ~Ralph Mineo  from Frontline Review

"It makes sense, then, that the greatest command in the Bible is not, “Bring fine works of art to your God.”  It is, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.”  (Deuteronomy 6:5  NIV)  Love is what gets the highest appraisal from our Father in heaven.
And how does God respond when we offer Him our lopsided and only-a-mother-could-love service?  James tells us, “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.”  (James 4:6  NIV)
It is in my favor to say, I made this for you, Lord.  It’s far from perfect, but I love You.
So I will continue to blog, as an expression of my love and service to the Lord.  Sometimes I will write something outstanding that will capture the hearts of all who read it, but most of the time not.  Yet I am convinced today that God wants to display my pinch-pot words.  Maybe in His eyes they’re even beautiful?  And maybe your eyes need to see that God readily uses the not-so-magnificent people to do work for Him.
What about you?  Have you been holding out on offering your gifts and service to the Lord because you think they’re stupid or ugly or lacking?  Please don’t wait for perfection.  Bring them humbly as a gift of love to your God, and give Him the right to display them as He wishes.

from http://www.christyfitzwater.com/service/dont-wait-until-youre-perfect/
Blogger Christy Fitzwater tells of a master teacher who was explaining to other teachers how he taught his students. He told of one time that he saw the students about to make a mistake in how they were doing something, and rather than tell them what to do and how to do it right, he let them make the mistake and then taught from the mistake. It was the best way for them to learn.
       Christy says, "Does the Lord do that? The Lord must do that sometimes –see us about to make a mistake and just let it happen. On purpose.
Easier and more effective to teach from it afterward than to explain it all beforehand?
Let me tell you about this professor from Wheaton –he knew his stuff. Even in a room full of seasoned teachers he had our attention all day and was raising a lot of discussion. When he said he let those students go ahead and make the mistake, I could feel the experienced confidence that he was making the best choice for them.
God is a teacher.
Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher…”  (Matthew 19:16 NIV)
We have to decide whether we trust the Teacher’s tactics.

from http://www.christyfitzwater.com/knowing-god/relationship-failings/

Thought to Ponder...
from "Frontline Review"
We all have a lurking desire to be exhibitions for God, to be put, as it were, in His showroom. Jesus does not want us to be specimans, He wants us to be so taken up with Him that we never think about ourselves, and the only impression left on others by our life is that Jesus Christ is having unhindered way. 
~Oswald Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Morning--I Will Look Up! and Mike's Testimony

 I can't stop being grateful for these warm, sunny South Dakota mornings.  A couple mornings ago, I woke with the verse of a Psalm (KJV)...