Monday, June 6, 2016

Leaving for Papua New Guinea Tomorrow

Pray for us as Jonathan, Sam and I depart on a long flight to Papua New Guinea June 7-23.
I have enough stories to fill lots of posts about three vehicles having issues almost all at once and one after the other being out of commission, with several thousand dollars of repairs being done.
Here I'm sorting Sunday School material I'm taking.
 Items to share with the teachers at the teachers' meeting On June 18th, for object lessons.
 Pray that the Lord will help Linda Paulus and me as we share ideas and helps with village teachers who have virtually nothing to use to teach the gospel--
except their own creativity which I hope to inspire.
 Sis. Dimmett asked for a new song for the afternoon outreach children. 
Many children who go to school do learn English, I believe.
 Spent one day last week doing up our pig.
 Pray also for us ladies as we share devotionals, etc at ladies' meetings 
and story at a Wednesday chapel for a Christian school that has 500 students.
I am sitting with an icepack against my back as my back began hurting suddenly yesterday, and I'm
striving not to worry too dreadfully about back pain during the long trip ahead,
leaving 5:00 tomorrow evening, from Denver to Pheonix to Las Angeles, and then a 14=16 hr. flight to Sydney Australia. 
We hope to get a little over jet lag in the two days we spend there.
Then flying into New Guinea on Saturday June 11, to spend the next 10 days with Dimmetts helping finish out their new house near the orphanage where they work. 
Praise God for all His help when things have gone wrong lately.
He carries our burdens and helps us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Morning--I Will Look Up! and Mike's Testimony

 I can't stop being grateful for these warm, sunny South Dakota mornings.  A couple mornings ago, I woke with the verse of a Psalm (KJV)...