Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Foxholes or Windowwells?

I don't know what happened but this post got messed up so I'm having to write it again. 
On Memorial Day Jonathan spent part of his day learning what it was like
to be in a foxhole--or rather our flooded windowwell!
He had to dig and dig muck out till he could get down in there and drill a hole through the foundation to the foundation drain. 
Danny and I toted muck in the wheelbarrow, and missed Sam terribly.
Thankfully, Jonathan finally thinks the drainage problem is resolved and hopefully that windowwell is fixed, just two more to go now.
In between we take a walk with the younger ones to see the wild iris blooming.
Jonathan shows Danny how to whistle with a wide blade of grass.
A good quote from Facebook: "Forgiveness isn't about accepting or excusing...behavior.
It's about letting it go and preventing their behavior from destroying my heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment

God Keeps Making Our Fawn a Blessing

A day or two ago, I got a call from our pastor's wife who thought I'd like to know that our fawn is bringing joy not just to us and ...