Yesterday was the 25th anniversary of my older sister Dorcas and her husband Ben.
Congratulations, Ben and Dorcas!
I still remember when they were just getting to know each other, while I was teaching in Honduras.
Ben's family met ours when my family had a music program several hours away from home.
Later, both Ben and Dorcas traveled with a team sharing gospel literature in Ukraine.
The day after I arrived home from Honduras, Dorcas showed her slides of her trip, and I knew right away that Ukraine was where I was supposed to go.
She just knew that this wonderful, kind young man who had gotten her roses during their trip to Ukraine was probably going to be her future husband.
And he was!
They have nine children, of which these are the youngest seven, because the two oldest are both married now, and my sweet sister Dorcas is a grandmother and also a grandmother-to-be for a second time, since her daughter Annette just announced that she is expecting her first!
Oh, boy, I am awash with memories, and it doesn't help that
Crystal is playing a beautiful hymn arrangement on the piano right now, "Savior Like a Shepherd, Lead Us,"
and Hannah is singing with her.
And of course, I'm thinking of Dorcas's beautiful, low voice and the solos she used to sing and the ones she still does at times while accompanying herself on the organ or piano.
God has been very, very good to us!
To Him we owe all our gratitude for the 25 happy years He has given Dorcas and her Ben and their nine children.
Thank You, Jesus, that you won't leave anyone out who loves You!
We all owe You a debt of gratitude in this beautiful Thanksgiving season!
And now--back to my Wednesday mending and putting up Thanksgiving bulletin board in the schoolroom!


No comments:
Post a Comment