Last week Rose fried doughnut balls the evening after Sam left for Pennsylvania.
I thought she did it to make him wish he had stayed home, but no, she said. She did it to cheer ourselves up after he left!
It was a cold evening but cozy indoors.
Rose had also made taco soup for supper.
It was so good with shredded cheese on top.
There was maple frosting and peppermint frosting and whatever else on the doughnut balls.
Ever feel rather fried in the hot oil of the big pot called life?
I was so fried last week that when I went shopping, I found myself wandering up and down the Christmas aisles in Walmart because I found that it kind of helped me unwind.
I didn't buy anything, just looked and admired.
I love the rustic type of decorations that is in vogue right now.
And one-word decorations.
Like "PEACE," and "JOY."
How much we need not just the words, but the reality of those two things.
There are at least two funerals that friends of ours are dealing with right now.
An invalid niece. Another who was just diagnosed with Lymes. The father of my sister-in-law was in an accident and cracked his ribs.
I hate to see the news about what our governor is doing or about the Mormon families who lost several mothers and children to the drug cartel earlier this week.
It makes my life look like peaches and cream--and doughnut balls.
Jesus, when we feel fried, please remind us that You are making something beautiful
even in the middle of the heat.








No comments:
Post a Comment