Wednesday, November 13, 2019

The Verse on My Refrigerator--and Where to Find Peace

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace
whose mind is stayed on Thee; because he trusteth in Thee."
This verse arrived in the mail, colored by the little daughter of a friend.
I hung it on the refrigerator, not just because I valued the verse, but because I valued the little girl.
I wanted her to know that I had hung the verse on my fridge. 
Tomorrow the little girl is supposed to be here for a couple days with her family, and the verse is still on the fridge. 
I want her to see it there.
Little girls remember when people value them--
and when they don't.
And big girls notice things like that, too.
Grown-up little girls notice things like that, too.
I'm a grown-up little girl, but I still notice when people don't seem to have any room for me,
when they could care less if I even existed,
when I'm not much good because I don't have a job that earns money.
When I don't feel valued by others, 
when my ideas are quickly trounced, my accomplishments are scorned,
and my feelings wounded,
help me, Jesus, to remember where to find peace.
In the crook of Your arm.
In You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...