I
was touched with this prayer that I opened to in a book of prayers by
Peter Marshall. I discovered that book on my book shelf the other day when I
was clearing out extra clutter.
I hope you can make the photo big enough to read the words.
It's a prayer "For the Transforming of Everyday Lives."
I hope you can make the photo big enough to read the words.
It's a prayer "For the Transforming of Everyday Lives."
"Inspire
us, our Father, to carry into the everydayness of our lives all to
which we aspire at such a moment as this. May our faith have feet and
hands, a voice and a heart, that it may minister to others, that the
gospel we profess may shine in our faces and be seen in our lives.
May
we return to face the grind of the monotonous and the humdrum routine
of duty with a new vision.
Wilt Thou transform for us our common tasks and glorify them with a new light, that we may this week apply ourselves to them with fidelity and devotion.
Wilt Thou transform for us our common tasks and glorify them with a new light, that we may this week apply ourselves to them with fidelity and devotion.
Bless
the homemakers, the mothers, and the servants who minister in the home,
who maintain the sanctuaries to which tired men return...May each of us
in our daily round come to know the joy of partnership with Thee...who
came 'not to be ministered unto but to minister.'"

No comments:
Post a Comment