Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Western Thanksgiving Wheel All Lit Up

 The girls got this idea from Pinterest.
They have to get lovely ideas for decor from Pinterest because they sure don't get such ideas from me!
Rose wound a string of clear Christmas lights around the wheel and spokes and then we placed the wheel behind the pumpkin we had, and set nearby a pair of old cowboy boots that a friend had brought us a couple days earlier. (The cowboy boots part was my idea--because the boots already happened to be sitting nearby and I thought they belonged in the decor.)
I loved it! We'll just change the decor a bit when Christmas comes, and have a Christmas wheel.
But for now, this is a winner.
About the only things we do to decorate anymore is adorn the top of the piano, and put a few little things on lampstands and a couple seasonal things on the wall. 
I don't have time to decorate when I struggle to even find time for music lessons. Last week, when I decided to give my daughter a piano lesson, I looked at the dates written by the last lessons, and to my horror, I hadn't given Hannah a piano lesson since last May. 
She's been learning ukulele instead, which is fine. But she needs to learn piano, too.
She tries to play by ear.
So she got a piano lesson last week.
Right in front of this reminder to count our blessings.
Maybe someday she will consider piano lessons from her mother a blessing instead of a bother.
Maybe someday I will find another piano teacher for her, which would be more fun for her,
instead of the same old mom, who reminds her of these old, worn-out, dried-up roses.
Still, there are uses for dried-up roses,
and even pine cones.
Don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...