Saturday, April 4, 2020

Chicks, Kittens, and Books

Several weeks ago Timmy's order of chicks came.
That was during the sick spell, when four of the children were down sick.
Nothing quite as darling as baby chicks.
Unless it's baby kittens.
Or puppies. Danny was having fun with them one day while the others were sick. 
In between doing chores and running around the pasture.
And here he is with his miniature airplanes he makes from cardboard and then paints!

 I just had to get this picture of him through the branches. 
Meanwhile, here are some books we've been reading. This one I read out loud on a long trip several weeks ago. It's about Rhuben Lacy's life, edited by Bonnie Lacy. 
It was partly due to the Lacys asking my family to come sing at their 50th wedding anniversary
and me to speak about Kiev, where I was headed a couple  months later,
that Jonathan heard about me!
Friends of Jonathan told him about the young lady who spoke at the Lacy's celebration,
 about going to Kiev, and gave him tapes of the services where my family sang and played bells, and the service where I sang and spoke.
So it was very interesting reading this book Jonathan's parents loaned me.
And this devotional book below is what we are using for a while for family worship.
It uses antics and issues in the lives of the authors' cat Moses and dog Drover and other pets 
to teach good spiritual truths. 
It has Scriptures, a poem, and a song along with each devotional. 
Very recommendable!
My mom gave me this book the last time we were in Missouri, and I'm reading it out loud to the younger children after supper dishes and chores are done. Such an exciting and sweet story for children.
These are books we use almost every day. Sometimes Carrie plays the hymn on the piano, or we sing a cappella.
One of our delightful meals.
So much to thank God for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...