I felt God gave me this poem as a sequel to the one I wrote a few days ago.

"I Live to Pray for You"--
Heaven’s Response to an Anxious Mother
Dear Mom, when morning wakes your eyes,
I bend My thoughts toward you,
Before you greet the bright sunrise,
I’m there to strengthen you.
I meet you in the morning,
Before your tea is hot,
And when your duties press you,
Forget you I will not.
I see you at the window,
Standing still each day.
I wrap My arms around you,
And help you on your way.
I see you washing dishes,
And praying as you cook.
I listen to the prayers you raise
Within the laundry nook.
I care for your dear husband,
For all your children, too.
And when your prayers can find no words,
I intercede for you!
I know when crises happen,
When tragic news arrives.
I care when sorrows deep and sore
Are crushing others’ lives.
I know when pain becomes your guest,
When burdens are too much.
Cast them on Me! I’ll carry them,
And leave a gentle touch.
I know you have a prayer list made,
It’s daily, weekly, long.
What if you gave the names to me,
And took away a song?
And when you go to bed at night,
Your hands all folded up,
Your anxious heart all clutched therein,
Just change them to a cup.
Give Me your cup of worries,
I’ll give you back My peace.
Give Me your cup of torment,
And I your pain will ease.
I’m watching, keeping, day and night,
I have both eyes and ear.
My grace is all-sufficient.
You never need to fear.
Tomorrow, always, I am here,
No matter what you do.
Dear mother with your busy hands,
I live to pray for you!
Heaven’s Response to an Anxious Mother
Dear Mom, when morning wakes your eyes,
I bend My thoughts toward you,
Before you greet the bright sunrise,
I’m there to strengthen you.
I meet you in the morning,
Before your tea is hot,
And when your duties press you,
Forget you I will not.
I see you at the window,
Standing still each day.
I wrap My arms around you,
And help you on your way.
I see you washing dishes,
And praying as you cook.
I listen to the prayers you raise
Within the laundry nook.
I care for your dear husband,
For all your children, too.
And when your prayers can find no words,
I intercede for you!
I know when crises happen,
When tragic news arrives.
I care when sorrows deep and sore
Are crushing others’ lives.
I know when pain becomes your guest,
When burdens are too much.
Cast them on Me! I’ll carry them,
And leave a gentle touch.
I know you have a prayer list made,
It’s daily, weekly, long.
What if you gave the names to me,
And took away a song?
And when you go to bed at night,
Your hands all folded up,
Your anxious heart all clutched therein,
Just change them to a cup.
Give Me your cup of worries,
I’ll give you back My peace.
Give Me your cup of torment,
And I your pain will ease.
I’m watching, keeping, day and night,
I have both eyes and ear.
My grace is all-sufficient.
You never need to fear.
Tomorrow, always, I am here,
No matter what you do.
Dear mother with your busy hands,
I live to pray for you!

No comments:
Post a Comment