Jonathan found this beauty in the wilderness-type area where he was working a week or two ago.
I couldn't get over how beautiful even cactus can be when it is blooming!

Even where all around is barren, God has His bits of beauty,
and there are seasons of beauty as well.
Not all wilderness is barren, and not every season is winter!
I find that for me, when it seems I'm on overwhelm or in some wilderness,
that is when God's Word comes alive.
That is when hymns mean more.
It's why I've tried to help my children hide God's Word in their heart, and it's why we're trying to learn hymns by heart--so that we will have blossoms even in our deserts.
Danny and Hannah are putting together a song notebook of songs and hymns we are learning.
I'm doing them in ABC order right now.
"Amazing Grace"
"Be Still My Soul"
"Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing"
"Day by Day"
We are copying the hymn and then decorating it with an appropriate picture from my file
or with a photo that Danny or Hannah have taken.
and there are seasons of beauty as well.
Not all wilderness is barren, and not every season is winter!
I find that for me, when it seems I'm on overwhelm or in some wilderness,
that is when God's Word comes alive.
That is when hymns mean more.
It's why I've tried to help my children hide God's Word in their heart, and it's why we're trying to learn hymns by heart--so that we will have blossoms even in our deserts.
Danny and Hannah are putting together a song notebook of songs and hymns we are learning.
I'm doing them in ABC order right now.
"Amazing Grace"
"Be Still My Soul"
"Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing"
"Day by Day"
We are copying the hymn and then decorating it with an appropriate picture from my file
or with a photo that Danny or Hannah have taken.
Today I was on overwhelm trying to prepare for the weekend, and finally when the children were outside and things were quiet, I got my Bible and opened it up to Psalm 121.
"I will lift up my eyes to the hills.
From whence cometh my help?
My help cometh from the Lord Who made heaven and earth.
He shall not allow your foot to be moved. He Who keeps Israel shall not slumber.
Behold, He Who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep."
He will always be watching over us, preserving us from evil. He will preserve our souls!
Even the desert has its seasons of blossoming as the rose.
"I will lift up my eyes to the hills.
From whence cometh my help?
My help cometh from the Lord Who made heaven and earth.
He shall not allow your foot to be moved. He Who keeps Israel shall not slumber.
Behold, He Who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep."
He will always be watching over us, preserving us from evil. He will preserve our souls!
Even the desert has its seasons of blossoming as the rose.
And when you cannot sleep, He does not sleep either.
He is watching over you!
Take heart.
If you are going through a desert season, remember that even cactus will bloom!




No comments:
Post a Comment