Friday, July 24, 2020

Drawer Day--One Thing at a Time


Yesterday was Drawer Day for me. I decided to clean out drawers including the big kitchen desk drawer which was stuffed with millions of things that I didn't know how they got there or where to put them. I spread it out on the table and this is what it looked like.
 Talk about feeling overwhelmed! But I thought if I just dealt with one thing at a time I could probably get through the pile in an hour. I started Gathering up all the screwdrivers, pliers, sockets, and other little tools and got them to the garage where Timmy directed me where to put them. Electrical tape, masking tape and other tape and glue went where they belonged. I put a tweezers in the medicine cabinet and a pencil sharpener in the school desk. The string went to my room to tie a birthday gift for Timmy today. Old batteries and flashlights that didn't work got thrown away while flashlights that did work got put back in the drawer. And so on through the whole pile.
    I am proud to announce that the kitchen drawer only has a few items neatly stowed away at this time, and the sewing drawer is also neatly organized all because one mom who didn't know how to get it done just put away one thing at a time. One thing at a time, one step at a time and jobs get done.
 One piece of wood at a time.
 One repair at a time.
One prayer at a time.
When everything is overwhelming, just one thing at a time, just one day at a time helps us slog through it.
"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."
Mat. 6:34
Our family is right now in the middle of learning "Day by Day."
"Day by day and with each passing moment
Strength I find to meet my trials here,
Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment,
I've no cause for worry or for fear.
He Whose heart is kind beyond all measure,
Gives unto each day what He deems best,
Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest."

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Morning--I Will Look Up! and Mike's Testimony

 I can't stop being grateful for these warm, sunny South Dakota mornings.  A couple mornings ago, I woke with the verse of a Psalm (KJV)...