Friday, July 31, 2020

Jumping Rattlesnakes!

Somewhere near this scene here where Jonathan has been working, there are other places where he and his crew are working--and all the time they have to be on high alert for rattlesnakes.
The snakes like to hide around the cactus or bushes.

The excavator operator dug into a nest of them recently!
He said there must have been at least five or six in one load of dirt he picked up in the excavator bucket.
The snakes were literally jumping out of the bucket, he said!
I am thankful to live further north on the prairie where we have never seen a rattlesnake.
Perhaps there are simply too many dogs around for their comfort.
In Revelation, the devil is called, "that old serpent."
He likes to hide out.
He likes to surprise, deceive, attack and bite people.
But we have a Shield and a Fortress, a Rock and a Defense.
When the world is turning upside down, we have a Refuge.
Even when the devil, the old serpent himself, is jumping out of buckets all around us,
we can be safe in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Morning--I Will Look Up! and Mike's Testimony

 I can't stop being grateful for these warm, sunny South Dakota mornings.  A couple mornings ago, I woke with the verse of a Psalm (KJV)...