Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Behold, how he loved them!

Yesterday morning I noticed this little scene by our front window--Jonathan watching while our two middle girls loaded their last luggage into the vehicle and pulled out on another mission of mercy. They had a nine or ten hour trip ahead of them, and would be gone over a week. 
I had hopped out of bed early to make sure to hug them goodbye, and Jonathan did so, too. 
And then I watched this. And no, my photo is not that great with the bright reflection of the morning sun, but I didn't want to disturb the reverie of a father who is seeing his sweet, precious daughters leave home for a short time.
I don't know what was on his mind, but I know he was watching his daughters as they backed out the drive and headed down the road with several goodbye honks. 
And all I could of was the verse, "Behold, how He loved him!"
I know this daddy loves his daughters.
I know he prays for them.
And so do I.
We don't always know how much we love them until suddenly they are gone.
We have their jobs and chores to do, and their animals to take care of.
But, not being able to go with them, our hearts go with them everywhere they go.
It reminds me of the love of the heavenly Father who, because He is Spirit, can go with us everywhere we go. "And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...