My nephew Jesse who married his beautiful bride nine days ago surprised me with a call Thursday afternoon. He and Salinn had driven to Missouri to spend some time with relatives on their honeymoon after a very small wedding. And then they surprised our family by driving all the way out to Colorado to see Colorado and us, too!
I adore newlyweds! And these ones are just delightful!
Salinn is such a happy girl with the most delightful giggle and laugh.
And I could hardly believe my nephew is so grown up and good-looking!
I hope they will never, never start feeling awkward about sitting with their arms around each other.
I had to get a picture of his arm around her, and then one with hers around him!
We visited and had supper and played a game together.
And then they traveled down to Ouray and then surprised us again by coming back, as I'd invited them, to spend Sunday evening and night with us, too!
We were really glad that we must not have scared them off, for they wanted to come back!
But who wouldn't, after that luscious peanut butter pizza Carrie made?
My wedding gift for them included my new book.
I didn't have time to run to town to buy a wedding card, so Hannah let me use one of her bird photos to make our own card! May the Lord bless our nephew and his new, dear wife with a happy, holy marriage!





No comments:
Post a Comment