Saturday, August 21, 2021

Roses and Jewels--Sweet Daughters and Nieces

 Exactly one month before the awful news about the 9/11 attacks on our country, a beautiful rose came to live in our home! 

Hurry, hurry before the candles all melt! 

Watch out! This rose can blow a wind clear to the Pacific Ocean!

Twenty years after that memorable August, she is still blooming  in the same house, wearing a birthday gift, an apron her cousin Candace sewed  from fabric I bought in Alaska.
 
That is me looking at fabric in a little Alaskan fabric shop.
I was thinking about birthdays coming up.

We celebrated her birthday a little early just before Crystal had to move to Missouri, so that Crystal could be here, too, and cousin Candace who was driving back to Missouri with Crystal.

Candace brightened our home in a beautiful way. She is one of the most helpful, thoughtful, unselfish girls I have ever met. She is a jewel--like her mother!
                The girls put up the tomatoes and cucumbers we brought home from Missouri.
Some of the tomatoes were green heirlooms, 

which we turned into a sort of green tomato sauce that we plan to use for enchiladas.
The girls and Grandma Morley are making sure that I don't leave my youngest daughter in the dust, but make sure she learns to cook and can just like the others had to learn.
Doing it together with such a wonderful cousin and niece makes it FUN instead of just work!
Lots of work!
We did up various styles of pickles.
And when the canning was done, it was time for horse rides with neighbors' horses which they are happy to share because the horses need to be ridden.
One of the girls got these photos.
What fun!
And when the horse rides are over,
it's time to practice for the program at the Calhan elderly community.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Morning--I Will Look Up! and Mike's Testimony

 I can't stop being grateful for these warm, sunny South Dakota mornings.  A couple mornings ago, I woke with the verse of a Psalm (KJV)...