Sunday, August 22, 2021

When You Have to Make Your Own Headlines

The headlines have been so unnerving lately that we have decided to make our own!


 Recently I read about an older man who seemed to be peaceful in the midst of stories of evil and chaos in the world. When asked for his secret, he said, "I make my own headlines."

Wow! I loved that!
And so we got busy doing just that!
'Family Picks Apples With Friends'
These friends had literally never picked apples off a tree before, except maybe a few from a scrabbly old tree in their back yard, a tree they cut down.
"Children Pick Apples for First Time"

"Teenage Boys Volunteer Time to Help Aging Grandparents"
"Young Girls Slice Apples for Grandmother With Arthritis"
"While the World Crumbles, Grandfather Washes Apples in Back Yard"
"Early Transparent Apples Feed Several Families"
"Family Makes Winter's Supply of  Applesauce"

"Brothers and Sister Work Together All Afternoon Without Fighting Each Other"
"Young Girl Learns to Make Lattice Pie Crusts Over Apple Pies"
"Mom Reads Aloud Fascinating, Hair-Raising Story About Abandoned Children in an Alaska Fish Camp--
Even Dad Has to Listen to the Part About the Black Bear!"

"Youth Remember to Clean Up After Big Apple Project--Great Ingenuity!"
Here's the challenge: Today and tomorrow and the next day,
make your own headlines!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Morning--I Will Look Up! and Mike's Testimony

 I can't stop being grateful for these warm, sunny South Dakota mornings.  A couple mornings ago, I woke with the verse of a Psalm (KJV)...