Saturday, January 15, 2022

God Is My Rock!

                   God Is My Rock!

(A poem I wrote in my prayer journal almost exactly ten years ago.)


God is my Rock, a living stone,

Hearing my prayers before His throne

Before all hope within me dies,

This Rock has ears; this Rock has eyes!

This Rock supports my flailing soul

When o'er my heart the high waves roll.

A fortress from the devil's darts,

Hiding the treasure of my heart.

This Rock's a firm place on which to stand,

A shadow in a sun-parched land.

Yet is this Rock alive and feels

The pain that makes my heart to reel.

A Rock that feels, one that can touch,

A living Rock--this is too much

To understand, and yet I know

Beyond a doubt, beyond my woe,

This living Rock, this living Stone

Is God my Savior, all my own.

Rock of my heart, I do, I must

Place upon You my hope and trust!




No comments:

Post a Comment

God Keeps Making Our Fawn a Blessing

A day or two ago, I got a call from our pastor's wife who thought I'd like to know that our fawn is bringing joy not just to us and ...