I made a homemade card for my dad for Father's Day.
He likes handmade cards best.
"Dear Daddy,
On this Father's Day, your 57th since becoming a father, I want to thank you for allowing me to do some risky things when I was a single young person.
You allowed me to go to China with L's, where I was arrested, but where thousands of gospel leaflets were distributed, and where Bibles and New Testaments were given to those who needed,
where we could pray with and comfort a young man who had friends at Tianemen Square.
You allowed me
to spend a school year teaching in Honduras. I am reading those Honduras journals now and writing stories. I was awake late last night reading in May of 1992.
You allowed me to take a trip to Ukraine that fall with L's again, where we distributed about 60,000 gospel leaflets or New Testaments. The next year you let me go teach in Kiev, where I had a very hard life but where I met Jonathan and have some of my happiest memories!
And you let me marry Jonathan.
Quite risky!
And then you let go of me which was very risky. But it worked really well, I think!
Thank you for allowing me to take risks,
have harrowing adventures,
and reap eternal rewards.
Much love,
Your 2nd daughter,
Anna
And Dad's second daughter is still taking risks--
right along with Jonathan!
Here my children's dad and Sam are trying to figure out how to fix this fuel tank so we can take it to South Dakota next week to supply diesel for the excavator and bobcat or whatever equipment we end up with,
excavating our house basement and driveway.


No comments:
Post a Comment