Last Saturday our four girls enjoyed participating in the Walk for Life held in Memorial Park in Colorado Springs.
They said there were many people there!
And a lot of "positive energy"!

I could definitely use some positive energy!
Actually while the girls were there, and while Jonathan and his work team was working at our home, Danny and I went to the church work day at our church where he helped with a digging job, and I helped pull donated books out of about ten boxes and shelve them in one of the annexes.
When I exclaimed to the pastor about some of the books such as the ones about Martin Luther and one with the writings of Dietrich Bonhoeffer, he said I could take any I wanted.
It's just that I am trying to get rid of things, not collect more.
So I dutifully left the books there.
After helping a couple youth comb hail-damaged air conditioner units, Danny and I got in the car and started for home.
But that is when we noticed that a sweet church family of six children were cleaning out weeds from the rocks along the parking lot.
And those weeds were beautiful, young alfalfa plants which our goats and cow and calf and horse LOVE!
So we stopped the car, opened the trunk, found a trash bag, and helped pull "weeds."
I think it made the kids' day to know that the "weeds" they were pulling that weren't much fun
were going for a cause--for the Lucas goats and cow and horse!
We love this sweet, homeschooling family whose father is in the air force. We've had them out to our place for a meal a couple times now. Their kids love our animals, our home, and our family.
When the mom found out we were moving, she told me that she couldn't sleep all night!
I couldn't believe our moving would affect this little family like that! But they love the Lord and are doing their best to live godly lives, and they don't have much support or encouragement. They love our little ranch with all its animals, puppies, and goat, and cow, etc. They have shares with our cow and we provide a couple gallons of fresh cow milk every week to them, as well as to six or seven others who have shares in our cow. Carrie has been the one to milk the cow and deliver the milk.
I pray that this little family will be blessed.
We believe not just in respecting and saving the lives of the unborn, but in supporting and helping and blessing the lives of those who are already born
and who need love and support and cheer along the way of life.




No comments:
Post a Comment