I didn't know moms could have rooster tails, but I found out today.
I thought it was only boys whose moms didn't give them the greatest haircut last time--
and who are stopping in the middle of a windy day to grab a snack at the counter--leftover pancakes with honey.
"Mom, you have a rooster tail!" said one of my wonderful daughters who seemed to think her mother did not know what a bad hair day it was.

I had just had to spend some time in bed--these weeks and months of hard work were taking their toll, and yesterday I ate too much strawberry jam on my bread, and icecream and I should know that sugar wreaks havoc with my blood sugar.
Danny had jigsawed new rails for the back yard bridge over the dry creek.
Now that bridge looks better than it did in the photos that are in the realty virtual tour of our property.
Thankfully, the last two days we got the garage cleaned up till it looks a little more acceptable when people come to look at our house which is now up for sale.
I had a hard time keeping a move on yesterday in that hot garage. But we got a lot done.
Looks so much better now that it is time to move out.
And thankfully one more puppy sold today to a sweet family.
I watched out the window and wondered if they are believers. They looked like it.
It's a good thing Timmy is home. He writes a to-do list every morning, and we are depending on him a lot since Jonathan and Sam and often Rose are at work all day. Crystal and Hannah ran errands and shopped, and Carrie had puppy customers, and I, the mom, had to crash for a while,
after loading up wheelbarrows with scrap wood and raking behind the children who loaded the dump trailer with a load of firewood to deliver.
I just had to take time to rest.
Rooster tail and all.
At least I managed to do the dishes, because dishes still have to be washed
even if your house is up for sale.






No comments:
Post a Comment