Sunday, June 12, 2022

Never So Happy for Puddles!

A little over a week ago, it rained enough that there were puddles afterward! Imagine that!
 I know that for Pennsylvanians and Missourians and Virginians, puddles are as common and ordinary as leaves in May.
But not here on the high prairie of Colorado. 
 Here there has been more drought than good years, 
more fires than floods;
more dust than droplets. 
In Missouri and Virginia, they are picking gallons of strawberries a day.

We are grateful to get a single strawberry in our greenhouse.
 So when there are big puddles, the mom of the house heads outdoors with her camera.
The land has been so thirsty for rain, just beginning to sprout a few blades of grass at the beginning of June.
 Thirstier than the horse and cow two days ago when I discovered their trough was as dry as a lone stick clothespin on a prairie clothesline.  
No one had to call the cow to come.
Or the horse. 
They heard; they saw; they came. 

Lord, in the middle of my busier-than-normal days,
my heart is thirsty for You,
for water from the Fountain that never shall run dry.
Thank You that when I turn to You, You are always there,
a spring of abundant water,
refreshing and strengthening all who come to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...