This evening while waiting for the family for supper, I was on the phone with my daughter and wandered to the front door and looked out. And this is what I saw!
I got off the phone immediately so I could take a picture!
If that didn't look like an angel, I didn't know what did!

I had just been reading discouraging or frightening news about what is going on in our nation,
and in our world,
had just signed a petition against a terrible bill in Congress right now,
just paid for a few faxes to be sent to Congressmen regarding the same bill,
learned that OPEC cut down its oil production by over 2 million barrels a day,
and that the C C P has opened an office in New York to supposedly monitor C hina ' s citizens (yeah, right).
And nearly every other headline looked to be about as bad.
The last couple days Jonathan and I both were wandering around the grocery store being as he said, "stunned" at the skyrocketing prices.
Besides a list of other burdens we are facing.
After a very long and busy day with school and lots of other work, I didn't need all the bad news.
So needless to say, when I looked out the door and saw this beautiful scene, I had to do a big double take.
I didn't want to be superstitious or make ridiculous assumptions.
But I felt that at the least, I could remind myself that despite all that the devil is doing to destroy God's people,
to destroy families,
to destroy churches,
to destroy America,
and to destroy all that is good while bringing in all that is evil
and beyond evil,
God's hand is over all.
While this scene from my front door was, technically speaking, just a formation of clouds in front of the sun,
it was also a shining message to the heart of someone downcast.
"Don't be afraid; I am here.
I am sending My angels to watch over you and all My people."

Within moments the "angel" was gone, but Danny called me back later.
"Do you see the sunset?" he asked.
"It looks like a window in the clouds!"
"It looks like a window in the clouds!"
A "window in the clouds."
It could not have been said better.




It is amazing to me how God speaks to and encourages His people. He did the same for me one morning when I was feeling especially downcast about missing my beloved husband and looked out my front door to see the most beautiful, brilliant sunrise - "I am here and will never forsake you" was the reminder to my heart❤️ .
ReplyDeleteThat's beautiful, Kate!
ReplyDelete