Monday, October 31, 2022

When Tarantulas Cross Your Road

A few weeks ago, the day I was told the mammograms and ultrasound looked like I had cancer, Jonathan and I drove to one of his work sites after spending a couple hours up in the mountains.

And then we were on our way to a second place, when Jonathan suddenly stopped right in the middle of the dirt road and backed up. And then he told me to open my door and look out. This is what we saw! I guess it is the time of year when tarantulas were migrating. Scary, hairy tarantulas!

Like hairy-scary mammograms and biopsies and diagnoses--just crawling across your road like they own the place.

Job said, "Man is born to trouble, as the sparks fly upward." 

A few evenings ago, Danny was burning up a bunch of old pallets he'd sawed up to fit into the wood stove or burn barrel, and thousands of sparks were flying up into the sky--like trouble flies into our lives.

Like the hornets or yellow jackets fly that had built this nest in the trees we'd just been under earlier in the afternoon.

I was blessed by the first chapter of this book I found in the library several weeks ago, The Gift of Hard Things.
 
  Jesus, Who healed every sickness and disease that was brought to Him, knows exactly how to help and heal us even today. 
He knows just how to deliver us from the hairy-scary tarantulas in our lives and cover us instead with His feathers.
 
Till we can just help make October pumpkin pies, with pumpkin from our own garden, and enjoy every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God Keeps Making Our Fawn a Blessing

A day or two ago, I got a call from our pastor's wife who thought I'd like to know that our fawn is bringing joy not just to us and ...