Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Be Still and Know--He is the God Who Heals

About a week ago the whole family was gone--some to work, some skiing with friends. 
When everyone is gone is when I draw close to the Lord.
The little Scripture song came to me that day, "Be Still and Know That I Am God."
I sat down at the piano to play and sing.
Don't anyone listen to me play the piano--it's not the greatest. But I was singing to the Lord, and I was quite sure He didn't care if I hit all the right notes or not.
When I got to the second verse, I was about getting goosebumps.
"I am the Lord that healeth Thee."
It repeats this three times.
"I am the Lord that healeth thee. I am the Lord that healeth thee."
I sang that reverently.
Then "In Thee, O Lord, I put my trust."
In these days of waiting to talk to our oncologist and doing our best to research and determine the best treatment for my cancer, this is all my plea.

Lord, I am still before You.
You are the One Who heals me.
In You O Lord, I put my trust."  

I am taking essiac tea (a combination of eight herbs) as if my life depended on it, for it might,
but "in You, O Lord, I put my trust."
Don't let me be ashamed. 
For I put my trust in You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...