Wednesday, February 8, 2023

When Something Does NOT Work

Not everything I have done to fight this cancer has worked for me. 
Transparency here!
I've kept articles and books through the years that deal with natural treatments for cancer. 
Many of them are so radical or so expensive, that I just can't consider them. 
But I am finding my way.
And I don't believe my tumor is growing any while I'm at it. 
And my hair seems to be darkening slightly and coming in better. I just noticed hair coming in about one inch long that didn't used to be there. Is it the essiac tea or the diatomaceous earth that is so rich in silica? Silica that is needed to fight cancer and grow hair and strengthen nails.
Chemo treatment won't grow hair for me.

But when people want to criticize radical treatments for cancer that are natural, how unradical is it to let someone slice part of your body off,  replace it with something artificial, and then systematically and purposely pour poison into your veins for weeks or months at a time and then burn you with radiation?
Just how gentle and wonderful and soothing is that??
You are so sick you are throwing up all the time; your hair falls out; and the cancer often comes back anyway, and with a vengeance. 
While a couple friends have had success going the conventional route, perhaps because they were nurses or caregivers and knew what kind of questions to ask and products and helps to ask for, I have seen enough friends and acquaintances die of cancer and suffer with its customary treatment that I am as leary of it as the plague. 
The essiac tea I'm on with eight cancer-fighting herbs is something that is working.
No side effects. I just have to religiously take it three times a day on an empty stomach.
Monday I got inspired to try another cancer-fighting method. 
Juicing. 
Thousands of people have been cured of cancer by juicing their way to health. I tried carrot juice when I was young, and it made me feel awful. 
But now that I have cancer, maybe I should try it again, anyway. Right? I decided that since we had a bunch of organic produce in the fridge, I'd juice some of them.
Easier said than done. 
First the juicer a nephew had brought from my mom was missing a tool to take it apart to wash it. When I saw how much it would cost to order that tool online, I came up with the brilliant idea to have Danny make the tool for me. 
He did!
He looked at the tool online, and Jonathan told him how to make it. 
 
Those cut-off nails stick into holes and then I can unscrew the juicing blade to wash it. 
Long story short, after forty-five minutes of merely preparing the machine, I get busy juicing homemade sprouts, arugula, carrot, celery, a quarter of a pear, and a quarter of an organic beet. 
When I got done, bits of veggies and whole sprouts were hanging upside down on the white kitchen wall!
A bunch of pulp was wadded up in the pulp canister. Seemed a waste to me, but the chickens will love it.
Undeterred, I poured my precious juice into a glass and looked at it. What color was it anyway?
Then I smelled it.
That was a mistake.
"It smells like skunk!" I mourned out loud. 
"It's the sprouts!" Jonathan declared. 
"The arugula!" I disagreed. "That arugula is strong!"
Nevertheless, bravely I started drinking that stuff. 

My hat is off to all the amazing people who have juiced their way to health. If it had made me feel good, I would have kept juicing. But a few hours later, I was feeling the worst I have felt in I don't know how long. I know it's possible I could tweak the timing, but I made the decision then and there that juicing like that is not for me, not with my blood sugar struggles. Maybe sometime in the future it would work, but not right now.Thank you.

Instead, I am blessed to get to drink a powdered cancer-fighting supplement from Juice Plus, a company that uses lots of fruits and vegetables in their products. It's concentrated and delicious. It makes me feel better, gives me energy.
A friend sent it to me, and I'm gratefully taking it.  
It's too soon to say for sure what the outcomes will be for all these things I'm doing. But for today, I am grateful for the natural things that work for me. 
And for the sweet tokens of care from friends. My home school friend sent me this book to read during this journey.
The problem with it was that I did not want to set it down!

But I decided that each day after I'd taken my walk and gotten my exercise, (in between my doses of essiac tea) I'd reward myself with reading a story in this book.  
There are things that are going to work for me, and things that aren't. 
I need Your patience, Lord, and Your wisdom. 
Lead us clearly, as my husband has been praying. 
Lead us to what works best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God Keeps Making Our Fawn a Blessing

A day or two ago, I got a call from our pastor's wife who thought I'd like to know that our fawn is bringing joy not just to us and ...