Saturday, February 11, 2023

His Eye Is on the Sparrow--and on This Cancer Patient

Yesterday Jonathan and I had my first consultation with our integrative cancer doctor. He's an MD that works in a regular hospital with cancer patients, but he is a doctor who integrates natural and alternative supplements, treatments, and support along the way. 
After our consultation, Jonathan and I looked at each other and could hardly stop hugging each other. 
God had led us to the right doctor for me!


 After going over my biopsy and MRI reports and questions of general health, when  I expressed that I did not want surgery but wanted to go natural in my cancer fight, he agreed, "Let's go that direction!"
 
I about fell through the floor. It was exactly what I had been praying for. This doctor is willing to support me however I choose to go about surgery. The main issue is to keep the cancer from spreading.
He looked at me with his head tilted at one point, after reading the recommendation by the radiologist who did the report, "Immediate surgical recommendation made."

"You mean you didn't just do what you were told?" he asked.

When I laughed and said no, he said, "You are a t h r e a t to the medical system!"

The doctor will have staff do some further checking about my diagnoses, such as what kind of cancer is it.
Is it estrogen positive? etc. 
He'll order a number of lab tests such as Vit. D levels in my blood, inflammation markers, etc. These tests will help him determine a protocol. Our goal, he said, is to limit the spread of the cancer by natural means.
The doctor went over some of what I am already taking and recommended whether I should stay on it or not. The essiac tea I can stay on. He will recommend enzymes and other supplements. I should definitely stay on modified citrus pectin, which inhibits cancer cells spreading. I just finished my big bottle, so we need to buy more. Seems every day we are having to spend more money for me and my cancer...
He recommended an immediate lifestyle change to include going to bed early, at 8:30. He said, and I've read, that your body does most of its rejuvenating in the early hours of the night after dark, before midnight. 
There was so much more, but in a nutshell, these are some of the things we discussed.
 When we told the doctor that we were waiting until this consultation to decide whether to go ahead with our plans for South Dakota, he indicated we could go ahead just as we planned.

"I can do everything from a distance," he said, via Zoom. He will help to keep tabs on how I am progressing, and will  let me know if, in the end, surgery may be in my best interest. But for now, he is willing to help me keep the cancer under control. 
We are so deeply grateful. 
I personally have a different goal. I want to see the cancer GONE, not just under control.
I'm not planning to stop until it's in remission and I am completely healed. 
But I hope the process doesn't keep us from getting into the work in South Dakota. 

So, Lord willing, we are planning another trip to South Dakota probably this coming week. 
I'll be spending half my time just taking care of myself, but I may as well do it up there as here. Up there I get lots of exercise and the altitude is about a mile lower. I always felt better up there in SD. 
So we continue to trust the Lord, Who watches over each sparrow that He has made, 
 and Who surely is watching over this other Little Brown Sparrow that He has made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...