Thursday, February 2, 2023

Stubborn, Stinky Buck Goat--and Are We Stubborn, Too?

A few days ago, Rose brought a stinky buck goat to our property. He was supposed to become a daddy to new kids five months down the road. We don't think he will be a dad after all, or our goats be moms. Well, humph. Anyway, Rose had to take him back to our neighbor.

Easier said than done!

That goat was not only stinky, he was stubborn. Thankfully Rose's boyfriend was here to help load this goat into the back seat of Rose's truck. (Not a very great place, but the back was full of Rose's farrier stuff, and she only had to take the goat down the road a half mile.) 

In the end, I had to don coat and boots and go help. We got a pan of feed, and I was the one to crawl into the back seat to coax the buck goat inside while both Rose and Tommy tried to lift or otherwise push him in. I made sure the door behind me was open, because I wasn't about to be in that back seat when the big buck goat finally jumped in! As soon as it looked like he was jumping in, I jumped out!

It worked!

He was in!
 "Don't be like the mule," said the Psalmist, a mule which has to be held with bit and bridle.
We could substitute, "Don't be like that stubborn buck goat!"
Let's be obedient;
let's be submissive.
Let's not have a hard heart.
Lord, help me to come when you call, obey Your voice, and follow Your leading,
even if You are asking me to do a hard thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...