A few days ago I was too sick to even write in my journal.
It seemed to be a combination of several treatments and new meds that I hadn't quite tweeked.
So every day, to keep cheered in between hard days, I look for beautiful things--like sunrises. They are so right under our eyeballs here!
And this was such a beautiful sight to me, my daughter Rose (who is here for a week to take Jonathan's place who went back to South Dakota to take care of some things) having her morning quiet time with God on our front patio
under the pineapple palm.
She does all the dishes, and helps me decide whether or not to buy this darling dishtowel set at Tractor Supply nearby, where we strolled around one day just to have somewhere cool to stroll when I was not feeling good at all.
(Shh. Don't ask me if I bought it or not. That is a secret.)
She even made me some dairy-free, sugar-free icecream. It wouldn't win a prize or anything, but it was something cold I was allowed to eat.
She found a darling battery-run candle at a souvenir shop and bought some autumn lights to cheer up my kitchen counter.
And how grateful I am for Sundays when we get to worship with our new friends at either Mesa Bible Holiness church or Paradise Valley. "Under His Wings" was one of the songs they sang.
And this one was played for an offertory by Pastor Luke Forsee at the Mesa Church. The words were so beautiful. I didn't remember hearing it before.
Yesterday when we came home from a long day at the clinic, I looked out our patio window, and there was part of a rainbow. In the distance a bit of rain was falling.
Later the piece of rainbow became a full one, which hovered for a long time out above our patio.
"Oh my Father!" I whispered.
How can you thank a loving heavenly Father enough for His beautiful rainbows so full of His faithful promises when you arrive home from a cancer clinic?
No comments:
Post a Comment