A couple weeks ago, Jonathan got this picture of a standoff between our horned goat and a neighbor's cow that had gotten through the fence and found her way nearly into our back yard.
I'm not sure which one won!
But I can't help thinking about the standoffs that happen sometimes in our minds between us and others, between us and our better judgments, and between us and God.
As I baked hundreds of meatballs for Rose's wedding and browned several pounds of sausage for chip dip for the evening snack after the wedding reception at Ranch Haven, I was thankful that my daughter who is getting married is in God's perfectly capable hands and I don't have to control everything. It sure makes life simpler and happier--handing people and situations and joys and problems over to the Lord instead of hanging onto them, trying to manipulate or control, or worrying myself to death about things.
I don't need unnecessary stand-offs with creatures or situations that are much too big for me to handle, no matter the size of my horns!
Maybe it's good that I'm so busy putting carrots, cucumbers, parsley, kale, and celery through the juicer that I don't have time to do things that are less healthy--like worry myself to death over wedding details or fears about the future.
Well, I had no idea where this post was going to go, but it went. I leave you with this quote I saw on a Facebook post on Jonathan's phone recently.
"God can do way more with your surrender
than you can with your control."
And here's a link to a blogpost by an author I follow, a short but very touching post.
https://christyfitzwater.com/receive-the-salvation-you-need-for-today/
No comments:
Post a Comment