Of course, Ezra the photographer took the professional photos, but by the time I get hold of those, I will be involved in other aspects of life, so I'm posting the less-than-perfect versions we took ourselves.
Here is our family of nine, now ten!
Welcome, Tom!
I told him at the wedding as I took his arm to go down the aisle with him, "Today I gain a son!" So now I have four sons and four daughters!
Rose's side of the clan--at least as many as were available to take pictures with. Some on Jonathan's side of the family were in attendance (Jon and Esther, Vanessa, Rebekah, Dave and Ruth, and Barbara) but were not present for the wedding photos.
Rose made sure to invite to her wedding every last relative on all sides of hers and Tommy's extended families.
The Hagerty extended family
Bride and her mother
I wasn't able to get one of both Jonathan and me together with the couple as we were in the picture!
Tom's parents
His mother, Mary
His father Joe
It was the first time Ruth got to be part of a family in such a special way! She had never married until Jonathan's mother died, and his father was desperately lonely.
Ruth had just lost not only her last immediate family member but also the lady she had cared for many years and was so lonely that she would go sit at a big grocery store and just watch people going in and out!
Now she is part of a family and could go down the aisle on Tom's arm as one of the grandparents.
It has been a blessing to get to welcome Ruth into the family and help provide for her the loving family she never had!
Rose's wedding was just another chance to not only welcome a new son-in-law but also extend love and belonging to an elderly lady who had spent 78 years single!
No comments:
Post a Comment