Saturday, August 24, 2024

Elk in Sunset--Kitty in Arms--and Sam and Caitlyn

 We've had some special moments in the last week, such as for a few minutes stopping to watch a herd of elk come down to graze near the highway we were traveling on to Colorado Springs.

 Elk in the sunset was just awesome!
I watched from the car, and listened as mama elk called to their babies and babies "mewed" for their mamas.
Jonathan didn't used to like cats, but this one at Carrie's cabin wouldn't take no for an answer. 
She just had to be held and scratched. See her stretching out her leg, so contented! 
Jonathan carried her with him when he went to let the dogs out of the barn in the morning since Carrie had left early for work! 
Carrie's cabin was so restful to me last week.  

She very much hopes that her cousin Krissy will come live with her soon.
 
Jonathan also couldn't help paying some attention to the crazy black buck goat on the property. That crazy goat had us in stitches!
And some of my happiest moments are when my children send pictures of their fun times, too. Here Rose, Tom, Sam, Carrie, and Robby Hagerty are climbing one of the Spanish Peaks.  
It was also wonderful to get to see Sam's place where he's been renting this tiny home while he's been gutting and remodeling a fixer-upper.   
 
Jonathan and I also got to meet for the first time Sam's girlfriend Caitlyn Kelly, a young lady from the church he attends. 
It made me smile to see him streak out the door minutes before she arrived to Rose's place for the evening--so he could open the doors and gate for her! I managed to get this photo of the two! Caitlyn noticed me trying to sneak a picture of her and told me that she would be happy to smile for me! She doesn't detest photos as much as Sam--which will bring good balance to the situation! :) :)
Here Rose is showing her pictures of her wedding. I liked Caitlyn as soon as Sam sent me the first picture of her, and so many things we've learned about her are so wholesome and good, and I'm so thankful. Her family has many things in common with ours--they raise dogs and puppies, go camping, are faithful church goers and have a mission mindset. Caitlyn works for her church and for CHEC, a home school organization. Sam told me, "She loves God and she loves people."
I don't know a better testimony than that.
He sent me this picture of them where they had hiked to the top of Castle Rock.  When Sam went on the medical mission trip to Africa a few months ago, the team stayed at the home of  Caitlyn's sister's family. Her oldest sister and husband have been missionaries in Africa for some time. But when Sam was over there, he seemed unusually happy, and I had wondered if there wasn't some reason besides that he was just having a blast with all the adventure and sight-seeing. It wasn't until after that trip that Sam first called me to tell me he had called Caitlyn's father to ask permission to date his younger daughter. 
The father told him, "I've liked you since the first time I saw you." and "I have been praying for this day."
Sam let me know he and Caitlyn were going out for their first date, and they have been dating now for nearly a couple months. 
My prayers are with them, and I'm delighted at how God is bringing young people into our children's lives. 
Just two months after Crystal was found by Ricky, Sam started dating Caitlyn!
I am eager to see what God wants to teach me through this new relationship with a sweet young lady who "loves God and loves people."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...