Monday, September 30, 2024

Household Chores--Drudgery or Joy?

 I have to admit that sometimes household chores have seemed like a drudgery, but when you are staring chemo in the face just three days away, and you don't know when or if you will ever feel well again, you suddenly appreciate the bliss of putting clean, wet clothing into the dryer, pulling it back out dry and warm, and folding it.

And then even ironing. 
I don't iron a lot, but in the summer I do try to keep Jonathan's cotton shirts and my cotton blouses looking something besides perpetually disheveled.
And of course, my favorite part of ironing is Jonathan's hankies. It's still something I do for my favorite man with love and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Morning--I Will Look Up! and Mike's Testimony

 I can't stop being grateful for these warm, sunny South Dakota mornings.  A couple mornings ago, I woke with the verse of a Psalm (KJV)...