Sunday, September 8, 2024

Music, Noise, Love, Laughter, and Good Food

Last week for a few days we had lots of family and nieces and nephews and friends in for the barn raising.

  

What fun it was to have lots of help with the cooking!

This is one of the dishes I actually made myself in a large electric skillet, with fresh summer squash and zucchini with bacon--and it sure got eaten up fast! 
 I never saw pancakes served vertically before!
One morning the girls made biscuits and sausage gravy.
And nearly all day long, one or more girls (or boys) were playing music at the piano or keyboard or guitar.
No end of music.
 
More chopping vegetables 
And cutting zucchini cake
  A scene I loved in the kitchen--my two middle daughters that I miss a lot.
After saying one goodbye after another earlier last week, I was happy to hear from my sister Dorcas that her son Peter was going to be in South Dakota this weekend and hoped to come to see us. 
He did!   

Jonathan and Danny had to leave Saturday morning to replace windows for a lady's badly damaged home in Mission, but Peter said he wished he could do something to help here at our place.

Well, I had some blinds that needed to be installed in our basement windows, and he willingly did the screwing while I unpacked the blinds from their boxes and found curtain rods and hardware for hanging curtain rods, too.
My phone takes poor pictures, but here he is getting a kitchen curtain up in the basement kitchen, so it is more and more finished and ready for company and teams.  
A full basement to keep work teams was Jonathan's original goal in building our house, and that is being realized.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...